I wanted to take a minute outside of my normal writting to celebrate this time of Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving isn’t a time that comes only once a year. Gratitude is something to savor every day of your life. As many of you know who read my blog daily, I have had a pretty hard few years. I have suffered tremendous loss as many of you have. I have suffered pain and sadness. I have gone through a time where I lost everything that I thought was important to me. What I realized over that time is that life is not made up of grandiose moments. It isn’t measured by how big your house is or what town you live in or how many shoes you have, although I do love shoes.
Life is made up of tiny moments. Of seeing the good in every day. Watching the sunset, seeing your children smile, holding the hand of someone you love. Life is made up of inner peace and knowing in your heart you are a good person. I believe every day there is something to be thankful for and here is my list of what I am so blessed to have in my life.
- My wonderful, adorable parents. Who have stood by me through the toughest of times and never le me feel alone
- A sister that at times we are at odds, but I love with all my heart and am so proud of and love deeply
- My beautiful children that although they are the hardest science project I’ve ever been given, as I see them grow I know in my heart of hearts how truly blessed I am to be able to be their mother
- My handsome, smart, kind hearted boyfriend, who’s goodness shines through everything he does, even when he has no idea how to handle me
- My gorgeous, fun loving brood of friends, who have never wavered in making me laugh, allowing me to cry and bringing me joy with every day they are in my life
- My heard of animals that make going home that much better with their wagging tales and purrs to make any day a little brighter
- I have a roof over my head, not the roof I would have chosen, but still it is mine
- That I am able to put food on my table every night, sometimes it’s cereal, but still no one goes hungry at my house
- The ability to write and have people genuinely interested in what I have to say
- The connections I have made through writing and the gift that other writers, bloggers and business women teach me
- A full time job that gives me the freedom to handle my business along with challenging me to be better every day
- The people who have wronged me, hurt me or lead me down the wrong path, that gave me courage to believe in myself more than I ever would have before
The list can go on and on as life in the grand scheme of things, no matter how bad it feels at any given point in time, is good. Perspective on keeping yourself in the positive isn’t easy, but it is necessary.
So what are you thankful for? Not just today, but every day. Make your list, celebrate with your families, rest in the glow that you matter and that while you are being thankful for others, I will bet that someone is being thankful for you.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME ALWAYS!